Friday, December 01, 2006

The World of Working on Friday

No matter what, when Friday rolls around, nothing happens. 'Work' is a term used very loosely around most places of employment. No one is in the mood to do anything but start their weekend. (There are also those who start their weekend on Monday morning and don't accomplish anything) So here I am stuck at work, wanting to start my weekend. The funny part is, it isn't like I have anything planned, but I know I don't want to be here. This morning Mike was trying to convince me that I needed to call in sick again and he would call in saying he had to take care of me. It was a very tempting offer at 6:45am, in a nice warm bed, with a nice warm boy. But instead, we slog away at doing nothing. And then I think, gee, it's great to be paid to do very little.

It makes it easier to slack off today because the supervisor isn't here either. She was smart and called in. I guess that's why she's the supervisor. Theoretically, we can slack even more because she's not here. Some of us do. Some of us dredge onward towards five o'clock. I firmly believe in the song "5 o'clock World". No one owns a piece of my time and there's a 5 o'clock me inside my clothes, thinking that the world looks fine. La da day he he ah e e e ay!!!!

I can't wait for the day when I have the option on coming in on Fridays or not.

1 comment:

- k r y s . said...

I had the same predicament this morning...And when I finally decided to get out of bed and start my day...My bus decided not to come.

Conclusion? Everyone have just stayed in bed today.

How are you?
I miss you terribly.