Friday, December 01, 2006

Work work work

More to bitch about from work. I work with a chick who drives me M-E-N-T-A-L. And I don't just mean a little. I mean A LOT. She has been the one hesitation I've had about working full time at what used to be my part-time day job. She was a mild annoyance when I worked last year. After I worked full time this summer, she became the bane of my existence. The only time I know it's going to be a good day is when she calls in "sick" (like how I put it in quotations there?).

There are a couple of different reasons she drive me nuts. 1) She is incredibly insecure and thusly reminds me of myself at the age of 22. 2) She lives at home with her parents, yet proceeds to expound to those of us who are forced to be around her 8 hours a day about how worldly she is. 3) She believes that she is actually above the rest of us (who do roughly the same job) and probably that she is in line to be the supervisor if ours ever leaves. But the biggest reason she drives me crazy is: she manages to do almost nothing for 8 hours a day while the rest of us actually work.

Take today. She spent the majority of the morning laughing and carrying on. I don't know if she actually did anything in the first 2 hours of the day, but I'm guessing not. She is horribly loud. She is terribly rude, and she manages to "delegate" (read: weasel her way out of) many of the tasks she is given. And instead of taking responsiblity for her own mistakes, she is really good at finding ways to blame everyone else.

But my favorite was this. She is in a "relationship" with this guy. They have been on and off for probably 3 or 4 years. She is more of a mommy to him than a girlfriend. If he has to be told to shower, honey, he needs to go! Around Christmas she starts in on the "I want an engagement ring" kick. She started this the Monday I came back with a ring and it was all I could do not to rub it in her face. The ring she wants is some $2500, bigger, better than yours rock. I opted not to share my good news with her because I just didn't need her pouting and moodier than usual. She finds out from one of the other gals. Then last week, on her kick again, she has the balls to ask me if I got a ring when Mike proposed. Then after seeing my ring, talking about how she doesn't like solitares and blah, blah blah. I wanted to leave a solitare mark in her forehead.

That's my rant for now. Anyone out there with co-worker/boss stories to share? I wanna hear 'em kids!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Trish!!! Congratulations!!! When can we get together so I can see this oh-so-delicious rock you've just received??
He-he.

Love you,
Joy